These spicy bites can be tailored in a number of ways, this is one of the simpler ones. Add ground meat to the mix to add another dynamic or peanut butter if you're feeling nutty.
- 8 Extra Large jalapeño peppers or up to 15 smaller ones
- 1 package softened cream cheese
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 1 lb sliced bacon
- 1 craft beer*
- Slice the top off each pepper, slice in half, then remove the ribs and seeds.
- Blend the cheddar and cream cheese together with clean hands. Season as desired, not required.
- Stuff a good amount of the cream cheese mixture inside each pepper half.
- If using smaller peppers take the bacon and cut the strips into 2 pieces (cut the short way, not the long way). If using large peppers you can use a whole slice.
- Wrap a bacon piece around each pepper, secure it with a toothpick if necessary. I usually don't.
- Cook using one of the following methods.
- Prepare your grill for indirect grilling at around 375˚F.
- Place the peppers on the top of a broiler pan (set aside the bottom) or mesh pan.
- Place the broiler pan on the grill grates.
- Grill for 25-30 minutes or until the bacon is sorta crispy.
- Remove from grill and serve hot.
- Place a wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet and place the poppers on the wrack.
- Bake at 375˚F for about 25-30 minutes or until the bacon is sorta crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.