Saturday, February 14, 2015

Behind the cover: The Soup Club Cookbook

Written by Courtney Allison, Tina Carr, Caroline Laskow and Julie Peacock




The soup club concept is great, gather a few friends and take turn swapping soups. You cook once a month and have soup delivered to you every other week in that month.

These crafty New Yorker's have a great system that works pretty well, they detail the ins and outs of this type of club but they fail to realize that unless you live in New York or a small town many of your friends could be up to an hour away. I have thought about how I could make this work for me and I have yet to figure it out. 

Beside the club aspect of this beautiful book they spotlight over one hundred recipes. Recipes beyond broths and soups, they also include several breads, side items and snacks. Quite honestly I would have liked to see more soup recipes because I LOVE SOUP but I understand why these other recipes were necessary in this book. If you are running a soup club you can't deliver just a jar of soup.

The soups that they do list look amazing and I am planning to make their Faux Ramen this weekend. 



This is the perfect book for people that have a tight group of culinary friends that live close to one and other. But even if you can't pull together your own Soup Club you'll love the recipes. I think this will also serve as a great book for those who like to deliver a meal to those who have experienced a loss or just had a child, maybe the sick neighbor or a surprise dinner for your folks.



































Disclaimer: I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

Pages: 240 | ISBN: 978-0-7704-3462-5

No comments:

Post a Comment