Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Easy Dulce de Leche


This is too easy....



I am quite a Pinterest junkie here of lately and I am always finding cool things but I am often skeptical if the post yields what it says it does. The latest one that has peaked my interest is Caramel in a Can. Looks and sounds easy so I had to give it a try.


Things you'll need:

1 - 14oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 - Small pan of boiling water
1 - Lot of time


Normally I would buy Eagle Brand but I opted for the store brand because it was a traditional can and Eagle Brand had an easy open top that I figured would explode. Normal top good! Ingredients should be Milk and Sugar.





Fill your pan full of water and submerge your can of Sweetened Condensed Milk.





Set it on low and let it simmer for around 3 hours checking occasionally, turning the can and adding water as necessary. I forgot about mine and it ended up cooking for almost 4 hours. Apparently over cooking does not have any negative effects.





Remove from the heat and cool. If you are like me and you inner child says "Come on, come on, come on.... Let's open the can and taste it" then I suggest adding ice to the pan and at least getting the temp down below 120F. This way if any shoots out when you open it you won't get burned.


Once cool, open and enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment